Masimo won European CE mark of approval to introduce its Root patient monitoring and connectivity system that includes blood pressure monitoring from SunTech Medical and a thermometer by Welch Allyn. The unit has a bright touchscreen, can measure BP and body temperature in anyone from adults to neonates, and features Masimo’s signature Radical-7 handheld unit for SET Measure-through Motion and Low Perfusion pulse oximetry and continuous hemoglobin monitoring, among other parameters.
Instead of the Radical-7, the unit can be outfitted with the Radius-7 device that allows patients to walk around the hospital while being continuously monitored.
More details about the Root system according to Masimo:
- Flexible measurement expansion through Masimo Open Connect™ (MOC-9™), including:
- ISA™ CO2 capnography for sidestream monitoring featuring Nomoline™ technology for extended monitoring and cost-effective consumables
- O3™ regional oximetry for the simultaneous measurement of regional oxygen saturation (rSO2) and arterial oxygen saturation (SpO2) to help clinicians detect regional hypoxemia that pulse oximetry alone can miss, and
- SedLine® brain function monitoring, which provides four channels of EEG to help clinicians better understand the effects of anaesthesia on the brain. SedLine measures the effects of anaesthesia and sedation by monitoring both sides of the brain’s electrical activity.
- Automatic display of parameters, waveforms, and viewing configuration based on the clinician’s presence through MyView™ technology enabled with Patient SafetyNet™ version 5000 or higher
- Enables clinicians to easily and automatically document vital signs data, measured from any connected device or manually entered, directly from Root to the patient’s Electronic Medical Record (EMR). Alarms and alerts for all devices are seamlessly forwarded to the patient’s clinician and all device data are effortlessly documented in the patient’s EMR.
Product page: Root…