Advanced Circulatory, a division of ZOLL Medical received FDA premarket approval from the FDA to introduce its ResQCPR System. The system is comprised of the ResQPOD Impedance Threshold Device and the ResQPUMP Active Compression-Decompression device.
The ResQPUMP is used instead of traditional chest compressions, applying proper pressure during the downstroke while actually pulling up on the patient’s chest during the up stroke. In the meantime, the ResQPOD device placed over the mouth helps to properly move air in and out of the lungs, increasing blood flow to the heart and the brain, effectively increasing the chances of survival while reducing the possibility of neurological damage.
From Advanced Circulatory:
Animal and clinical studies have shown that during High Quality CPR, the ResQPOD:
- Doubles blood flow to the heart
- Increases blood flow to the brain by 50%
- Doubles systolic blood pressure
- Increases neurologically-intact survival by 25% or more
- Increases the likelihood of successful defibrillation
- Provides benefit in all arrest rhythms
- Circulates drugs more effectively
Here’s a video report about the ResQPUMP:
Here’s an Advanced Circulatory video showing off the functionality of the ResQPOD:
Source: ZOLL Medical…