PARI, a company based in Starnberg, Germany, is the first to receive FDA approval for an electronic nebulizer indicated for administration of Genentech’s Pulmozyme (dornase alfa), a purified solution of recombinant human deoxyribonuclease I (rhDNase), for cystic fibrosis. Because the eRapid powered nebulizer prepares the medicine considerably faster, patients can take their drugs within two to three minutes rather than between six and eight, helping to improve medication compliance.
The portable device is quiet and can be powered from the wall, or with standard or rechargeable AA batteries. It comes with two handsets that can be boiled in distilled water to sterilize them, or you can autoclave them if you have access to the technology.
“After the successful results of a Phase IV study, we are confident that physicians will see that both pediatric and adult patients favor eRapid based on reduced treatment times, quiet operation, and its small, portable size. We were also happy to see that patients were more satisfied with treatment and eRapid had a positive influence on adherence – good for their overall cystic fibrosis management,” said Lisa Cambridge, director of Medical Science and Pharmaceutical Alliances at PARI Respiratory Equipment, Inc, in a statement.
- Short treatment times encourage patient adherence.
- Quiet operation for discrete use.
- Light, compact and portable.
- Flexible power options including off the shelf batteries, rechargeable batteries, or AC wall power.
- Two (2) complete nebulizer handsets to alternate or use while traveling.
- eBase™Controller provides patient with feedback including battery life, proper assembly, medication loading, and end of treatment.
Product page: eRapid Nebulizer System…
Press release: FDA Approves Pulmozyme with eRapid Nebulizer…