Louisville Business First is reporting that Neuronetrix, a local firm, landed FDA clearance for its COGNISION system. It’s used to detect brainwave markers that point to the existence of certain neurological diseases, by producing quantitative electroencephalography (qEEG) and event-related potential (ERP) data processed by the company’s online server.
Results from the system are compared to data from previous studies of qEEG/ERP to classify patients based on their characteristic brainwave patterns. The hope is that this technology will serve as a useful modality for diagnosing a variety of neurological conditions.
Features from the product page:
- Wireless, battery-powered system for use in an office environment
- Subject-friendly headset fits a large range of head sizes
- Calibrated insert earphones ensure consistent auditory stimuli
- Active electrodes provide high SNR and fewer artifacts
- Integrated action buttons for subject responses
- Convenient Hydro-Dot® Biosensors are easy to apply and deliver very low skin contact impedance
Product page: COGNISION…
Brochure: COGNISION SYSTEM…
Louisville Business First: Neuronetrix gets FDA approval for brain-scan device