Medtronic just announced that its brand new Endurant IIs AAA endovascular stent graft has been approved in both the U.S. and Europe for minimally invasive treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysms. The device works in conjunction with the already available Endurant II graft to provide more customization options for the best fitting.
Both the original and the Endurant IIs grafts are delivered using the same system.
Some details about the device according to Medtronic’s announcement:
- features equal leg diameters to allow limbs to be used on either side
- offers a shorter (50mm) ipsilateral leg for more flexible targeted limb placement
- enables in situ sizing with select ipsilateral limbs, allowing a 3-5 stent overlap for adjustment during the implant procedure
- provides up to a 20 percent reduction in distal diameter compared to select Endurant II stent grafts
- allows easier pre-case planning by simplifying sizing decisions
Flashbacks: Medtronic’s Endurant II AAA Stent Coming to U.S…; Medtronic’s Endurant II AAA Stent Gets EU CE Marking…; Medtronic Endurant AAA Stent Graft Gets US Clearance…; Endurant Stent Graft System For Tortuous Aortas…
Press release: Medtronic Adds to Endurant ‘AAA’ Stent Graft System…