Olympus just announced that its releasing the QuickClip Pro hemostasis clip in the U.S. following FDA clearance. The device is indicated for use during GI endoscopies for stopping bleeding and for closing various defects.
The QuickClip Pro features both rotational control as well as the ability to close and open the grippers, allowing for correct placement in tight quarters and repositioning as necessary. The device is designed for use with Olympus endoscopes and its unique sheath and clips help avoid channel damage during delivery.
Features from the product page:
- Open and Close Functionality: QuickClip Pro’s ability to open, close and reopen facilitates correct positioning prior to deployment.
- Precise Rotation: The unique rotation mechanism provides exclusive control in orienting the clip to the target site.
- Strength and Flexibility: The clip arm resists bending due to the increased material strength.
- Easy Insertion and Channel Protection: The sheath design allows smooth insertion and precise handling. It also reduces the potential for damage to the working channel.
- 11mm Wide Adjustable Opening: The opening allows a firm grasp on the right amount of tissue needed for a successful outcome.
- MRI Conditional: The clip enable patients to safely undergo an MRI procedure after clip placement, within specified parameters.
Product page: QuickClip Pro…