Esaote received FDA 510(k) clearance to bring its MyLab Six compact cart-based ultrasound system to the U.S. Promoted as a budget option, the ultrasound was designed for improved clinician ergonomics, especially while seated.
The system is modular, allowing facilities to select which capabilities they need based on their clinical needs. Additional functionality can be installed later on, if the clinic decides to offer additional services.
Some of the system’s features according to the announcement:
- Angular ergonomics — system base and keyboard conform to sonographer angles as they scan in a seated position
- Quiet scanning — new cooling technology results in virtually silent exams for a better patient experience
- Appleprobe transducers — award-winning transducer designs proven to reduce sonographer stress
- Touchscreen operation — high resolution touch surface speeds exam setup and workflow
- Adjustable system height — adjustable keyboard and articulating monitor to optimize operation
Product page: MyLab Six…