Thanks to a reader, we got word that GE Healthcare has introduced a dual-probe version of its ultra-portable Vscan ultrasound. The original single-probe device is now five years old, and we’re glad GE is expanding its capabilities to make it useful for more procedures. The original device had a single phased array transducer for deep targets like the heart and abdomen, while the new version also includes a linear transducer within the same imaging pen to visualize shallow targets.
This opens up the capabilities of the device to image the carotid arteries and jugular veins, hip and knee joints, as well as extended imaging of the thorax.
Features and benefits of the Vscan with Dual Probe according to the product page:
- Focus on the patient. The Vscan with Dual Probe automates most of the image optimization to help you focus on clinical decision making.
- Rule of thumb. Seriously. The controls are within a thumb’s reach.
- Clean up’s a breeze. From the probe tip to the display, everything is easily cleanable.
- Power to go. Easy-to-swap batteries can extend operation all day long.
- When you need it, where you need it. With an ultrasound system in your pocket, you have convenient access throughout the facility.
- Fast boot-up. Boots up while you put your gloves on.
- See in a heartbeat. AutoCycle captures a color movie of the blood flow of a representative heart beat.
- Two transducers in one. The unique probe with phased and linear array transducers is always connected and ready for many applications.
- Connect… to your patients and your colleagues. Adding take-a-look ultrasound to your bedside examination may help to improve patient understanding and referrals.
- Easy review. Gallery view is excellent for at-the-bedside evaluation. Plug into the Vscan gateway software on your PC for extended image management.
Product page: Vscan with Dual Probe…