GE Healthcare won FDA approval for its budget-friendly Vivid T8 mobile echo system with stress echo and transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) capabilities. It’s designed to take advantage of GE’s LOGIQ technology that allows to easily share the system with different customization options among a variety of clinicians in a facility.
GE touts that the 129 pound (58 kg) T8 was built particularly for high reliability, test models having been put through more than 20 hours of intense vibration, shocks, and changes in environmental temperature.
A more complete list of the T8’s features according to the announcement:
- Tissue Velocity Imaging – captures dynamic information from moving heart tissue to quantify left ventricular function.
- AutoEF- automatically assesses left ventricular ejection fraction using an automated, speckle-tracking ROI tool.
- SmartStress- automatically adjusts settings to help enhance workflow, reproducibility, and diagnostic confidence.
- Automated Function Imaging – assesses and quantifies left ventricular wall motion at rest, and calculates parameters to describe left ventricular wall function.
- Auto IMT – provides automatic edge detection for intima-media thickness and auto-completes required measurements.
- Adult multiplane transesophageal echo transducers are available for specific echo examinations
- Monitoring and guidance to support interventional procedures
- Virtual Convex – extends the field of view when using linear transducers.
- LOGIQ View – increases the field of view to image large organs that typically can’t be seen in a single image.
- B-Flow – provides advanced spatial and temporal resolution to help assess blood flow and vessel wall structure without the limitations of Doppler.
- Blood Flow Imaging – helps enhance visualization of blood flow dynamics using a unique signal-processing algorithm.
Product page: Vivid T8…