Lumenis (Yokneam, Israel) has unveiled the world’s most powerful surgical laser for urological procedures. The CE and FDA approved Pulse 120H Holmium laser system (120 W, 80 Hz and 6J) is intended for enucleation, stone flexible ureteroscopy, prostate vaporization, and percutaneous nephrolithotomy (PCNL) procedures.
Thanks to built-in suction along with the laser, the system allows many procedures to be performed faster, more conveniently, while resulting in earlier patient discharge, according to the company.
Some of the components that come with the Pulse 120H according to the press announcement:
- The Xpeeda™ fiber – improves energy utilization and accelerates vaporization rate.
- The SlimLine™ 200 fiber – sets new standards for flexibility, efficiency and durability, thus improving Stone-Dusting™ capabilities.
- The VersaCut+™ Tissue Morcellator***, which is safer, faster, more intuitive and cost-effective.
- A new simulator designed to train Urologists on the HoLEP procedure.
- The HoLEP Disposables Kit – contains all needed HoLEP instruments in one compact package.