NEC received FDA 510(k) clearance for its 30-inch MultiSync MD302C4 LCD clinical display for use in diagnostic applications. Featuring a four megapixel resolution (2560 x 1600) and new LED backlighting, the company promises accurate image reproduction even at acute viewing angles.
The display is pre-calibrated for the DICOM grayscale viewing standard and has a front sensor to make sure the luminance stays constant as set at the factory. There’s also a proximity sensor to dim the display when no one’s near to conserve power and help secure patient data from curious bystanders.
Features according to the product page:
- Superior screen performance (1000:1 contrast ratio, 2560 x 1600 native resolution, 340cd/m² brightness)
- Out-of-the-box calibration to the DICOM grayscale display function for luminance
- Automatic luminance control ensures consistent brightness for the life of the display
- 14-bit 3D internal programmable lookup tables (LUTs) enable precise calibration
- Digital Uniformity Control provides accurate imaging across the screen
- AmbiBright™ ambient light sensor automatically adjusts the display’s brightness based on lighting conditions
- Wide connectivity includes DisplayPort and Mini DIsplayPort, DVI-D and HDMI inputs and 2 up/3 down USB hub with DisplaySync Pro™.
Product page: NEC MultiSync MD302C4…