Even with all the safety precautions, drowning remains a serious concern for parents when their kids are around the water. Nothing can replace being vigilant and keeping an eye on the kids, but having a smart backup assistant can help save the day. The iSwimband from Aquatic Safety Concepts of Redding, CT is a new device worn around the head that detects the presence of water and can send alerts to a paired Bluetooth iOS device (Android coming soon) when user-defined limits are exceeded.
The iSwimband is initially paired to an iPhone or iPad where alarm parameters can be set, including when the band finds itself below water for an extended time period or if the wearer shouldn’t be in the water at all. The child wears the band on the head when around water, and if the sensors detect that a preset threshold is crossed, the app immediately calls for attention.
Aquatic Safet Concepts is currently accepting pre-orders of the iSwimband for $125 and plans to ship the product in March of this year.
Features from the product page:
- Comfortable, lightweight headband fits most swimmers
- Includes tamper-free wristband to fit most toddlers
- Works with goggles/swimcaps
- Monitor up to 8 iSwimbands per iOS device
- Network multiple iOS devices via wifi for extended monitoring capabilities
- Up to 100 foot range (Range dependent on environmental conditions)
- Developed with the help of leading aquatic safety experts
Product page: iSwimband…