The FDA has given clearance to IMRIS for its ceiling mounted intraoperative CT system, the VISIUS iCT. This is the world’s first and only such system that rides on a ceiling mounted track and is able to be deployed around the patient when necessary within thirty seconds. Because the system does not touch the ground, there’s a lot fewer things to keep in mind and move around when deploying the scanner, while allowing the operation to resume quickly once the scan is done.
The tomograph is a 64 slice scanner that can be shared by adjoining operating rooms, sliding between the two and nearly doubling the efficiency of its utilization compared to a single room intraoperative CT.
Features from the product page:
- Industry’s highest isotropic resolution
- Access to full range of CT software features
- Diagnostic image quality with no compromise to exam speed
- Accessed effortlessly in the OR
- Moves into or out of the OR in less than 30 seconds
- No patient transport required for imaging
- No compromises due to floor rails or wheeled systems
- Full asset utilization: enables use in two operating suites on-demand
Flashbacks: Medgadget Q&A About VISIUS Surgical Theatre With Intra-Operative Imaging; IMRIS Combination MRI Fluoroscopy Systems for Intraprocedural Multimodal Imaging
Product page: VISIUS iCT…
Press release: IMRIS receives FDA 510K clearance for first ceiling-mounted intraoperative CT solution