ResMed (San Diego, CA) is releasing a new latex-free breathing mask for positive airway pressure (PAP) therapy. It weighs only 3.3 ounces (90 grams), making it the lightest full face PAP mask on the market and nearly half the weight of its predecessor, the Mirage Quattro. The mask is available shaped for both men and women, and each comes in three different sizes to fit a variety of faces.
Additionally, ResMed announced the release of SleepSeeker online app that allows patients who use the company’s S9 PAP devices to analyze their own therapy. Data, such as mask leaks, sleeping time, and apnea or hypopnea events, can be viewed after waking thanks to the built-in Bluetooth capabilities inside the S9.
Some of the features of Quattro Air:
- Enhanced dual-wall Spring Air™ cushion, delivering superior comfort at the nasal bridge area and proprietary scalloped cut-out at the chin for a high-performance seal
- Flex-wing forehead support for easy adjustments and stability, eliminating the need for forehead pads
- SoftEdge™ headgear design, which is a rolled-edge fabric that improves comfort and reduces facial marks, available in two colors
- Circular diffuse vent that gently directs air away from the patient and bed partner
- One-piece elbow, swivel and anti-asphyxia valve with squeeze-tabs to make attaching and detaching the mask from the tube quick and easy
Press releases: ResMed’s New Ultra-lightweight Quattro™ Air Offers a Higher Level of Comfort and Convenience; ResMed Launches SleepSeeker Online Tool to Increase Patient Engagement in Therapy for Sleep-Disordered Breathing