EDAP TMS of Vaulx-en-Velin, France received CE Mark approval for its Focal•One robotic High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) system for non-invasive treatment of prostate cancer.
The system overlays and fuses 3D MR imaging data with that captured using ultrasound. The tumor is contoured within the system’s software and then attacked using ultrasound. The combination of MRI and live ultrasound allows for real-time guidance of the energy beam during therapy.
Features from the product page:
- MRI Import and Fusion with real-time ultrasound imaging
- Precise contour definition of target areas
- Non-invasive ultimate HIFU technology
- Precise robotic movements
- Unique Dynamic Focusing technology
- Real-time tracking and adjustment of energy delivered
- Confirmation and possible completion of untreated area
- Quality of Life preservation
- All treatments remain salvage options
Product page: Focal•One
Press release: EDAP Granted European Market Clearance for Focal.One(R)