A new line of needle-free connectors for infusion therapy from NP Medical (Clinton, MA) received FDA clearance to come to market in the U.S.
The nPulse Valve Platform sports “non-refluxing fluid displacement, high pressure rating to 325 psi, a flat swabable surface and a clear housing for direct visualization of the fluid path which facilitates clinical decision-making,” according to the press release.
Features from the product page:
- Neutral fluid displacement at both Luer connection or disconnection helps reduce reflux-related occlusions
- Self-opening split septum (SOSS) protects septum plane from abrasion unlike spike platforms.
- Dual seal design intended to defend against microbial ingress and provide redundant leak protection in critical arterial and high pressure applications.2
- Designed to complement best clinical practices and does not require clinician clamping to control valve-induced reflux.4
- Ergonomically designed to balance usability and size in clinical applications where smaller is better.
- Solvent-free, permanently ultrasonically welded assembly to assure structural integrity of product and fluid containment.
- Offered in multiple configurations to meet various clinical needs.
- Sterile packaging available (e.g. blister packs and pouches).
Product page: nPulse Valve Platform…
Press release: nPulse 510(k) Clearance…