Nephosity, a graduate of Rock Health’s second class, has received FDA clearance for its MobileCT Viewer, an app for viewing radiological images on the iPad. The FDA clearance allows use of the app for diagnostic viewing of CT’s, MRI’s and radiographs on the iPad in situations where there is no access to a workstation.
MobileCT Viewer’s features, from the product page:
- Anywhere, anytime access to CT, MRI, and X-ray images
- Image manipulation such as window and level, pan and zoom
- Full resolution images, ensuring that no detail is lost
- HIPAA compliance, with SSL encryption for all information in-transit and 256 bit AES encryption for all patient information at rest
- Measurement of distances, display measurements and annotations
- Verify Lighting Check, which guides the user to determine whether the environmental lighting conditions can accommodate a diagnosis
A pro version, available as an enterprise installation, has additional features including streaming of images on demand and real-time multi-user collaboration. The collaboration feature allows users to view the same images while synchronizing the screen cursor, object measurements and user annotations. It is scalable up to a room full of users. Later, Nephosity will be expanding the platforms and devices on which MobileCT Viewer runs. The FDA-cleared version of MobileCT is not yet available in the app store and the image above and the link below are from the non-diagnostic version of the app.
Product page: Nephosity MobileCT…;
iTunes: Nephosity MobileCT…