Devon Medical (King of Prussia, PA) announced that its extriCARE Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT) System has been cleared in Europe for distribution. The system includes the battery powered main pump unit which creates a vacuum and the various size and shape dressings to which it connects.
The pump weighs less than a pound and can be worn by the patient in the clinic or at home during normal everyday activities. The dressings are used to create a tight seal and the negative pressure from the pump brings blood into the wound and removes exudates and debris into an attached 110cc canister.
Features from the product page:
- User-friendly interface
- Quickly set pressure from 40-140mmHg
- Continuous or Intermittent Mode
- Various built-in safety alarms
- Small, lightweight (8.6 oz.) for patient mobility
- 110cc disposable canister
- Carrying case available
- 30 hours of continuous battery life
- Battery is rechargeable
Here’s vascular surgeon Dr. Henry Winkler talking about the extriCARE: