Touch Bionics is introducing a new smart prosthetic hand based on its i-limb technology that allows individual fingers to be moved independently. The new i-limb ultra revolution prosthesis features a powered rotating thumb that allows for greater ability to do everyday tasks and comes with an iOS app that offers the option to control grip patterns using a phone.
The new limb also includes a fresh set of electrodes that promise greater sensitivity to user commands and better dexterity.
Features of the biosim iOS app:
- 24 Quick Grips – Instant access to grip patterns with a single screen tap greatly expands prosthesis control.
- Favorites – Editable collections of grips customized for daily needs. For example, wearers can select the ‘work’ favorite, which triggers the i-limb into preferred grips such as typing, holding papers, or using a mouse.
- Hand Health Check – Activates prosthesis diagnostic to ensure the i-limb is functioning properly.
- Training – Access training modes to help the wearer learn how to access all of the functionality available.
- Compatibility – Available for download on Apple App Store and compatible with several Apple devices.
Flashbacks: Touch Bionics Introduces i-Limb Ultra Prosthetic Hand; Touch Bionics Virtu-Limb Lets You Testdrive an i-Limb Prosthetic Hand; World’s First Bionic Hand Makes It to Market
Product page: i-limb ultra revolution…
Press release: Touch Bionics unveils next generation of prosthetic hand with powered thumb rotation…