Apollo Endosurgery (Austin, TX) won EU’s CE Mark to allow the company to bring its OverStitch Endoscopic Suturing System to the continent. The flexible device is able to suture many locations that would otherwise require large incisions for the surgeon to get to.
The OverStitch works with a standard endoscopes for visualization and provides physicians control over the depth of sutures during placement.
Device features from the product page:
- Capable of deploying multiple running and interrupted stitches with a single insertion of the endoscope
- Unique design mimics curved needle, which allows for controlled depth of suture placement
- Available in both absorbable and non-absorbable suture materials:
- 2-0 Polypropylene (PP)
- 2-0 Polydioxinone (PDO) – Coming Soon
- Mounts quickly and easily on a therapeutic endoscope and allows sutures to be deployed under direct visualization
- Single-handed operation allows physician to maintain system control
- Reloadable while maintaining visibility of the operative site
- Unique cinch design provides secure closure without the need to tie surgical knots
- Single-patient use for maximum reliability and patient safety
Here’s an animation showing the workings of the OverStitch:
Flashbacks: OverStitch Endoscopic GI Suturing System Used In First Clinical Cases; First Successful Minimally Invasive Full-Thickness Resection of a Colonic Polyp Using OverStitch Endoscopic Suturing System
Product page: OverStitch Endoscopic Suturing System…