Philips has released a new 1.5T MRI system at the European Congress of Radiology 2013 in Vienna, Austria. The Multiva is a budget friendly MRI that features Philips’ FlexStream workflow that promises to save up to 40% of pre-scan setup time and allow clinics to image more patients.
The Multiva can be used for magnetic resonance spectroscopy, diffusion tensor imaging, fiber tractography and more common procedures like cardiac and full body scanning. It’s currently not available for sale in the U.S. pending FDA approval.
- 16 channel receive platform.
- 80 MHz Direct Digital Sampling.
- 10 minutes or less for mainstream applications.
- 53 cm homogeneous field-of-view.
- 0 coil handling for total spine studies.
- 38 element Head/Spine/Torso (HST) coil.
- Up to 16 factor SENSE acceleration.
Product page: Multiva…