Hemodialysis is a time consuming process that typically requires multiple weekly sessions lasting a few hours each being stuck to a stationary device. The availability of at-home dialyzing has brought a new level of convenience to patients, but having to reserve time on a regular basis continues to be an issue.
A solution for Europeans now comes from NxStage (Lawrence, M) that received the CE Mark for nocturnal use of its System One at-home dialysis system. With a few safety precautions, a patient can go through a dialysis cycle while asleep and avoid the aggravation and wasted time of being immobile during the day.
Features of the System One from its product page:
- The simple interface is easy to learn and use.
- Our 24/7 technical support gives you peace of mind while dialyzing, no matter when or where.
- Simple plumbing connections and standard electrical plug minimize the impact on your home.
- Integrated dialysate mixing conserves water usage and fits your lifestyle.
- Portability gives you the freedom to travel or dialyze throughout your home.
- Easy-to-use drop-in cartridge allows for easy, wipe-down disinfection after each use.
Product page: NxStage System One…