Ethicon, a J&J company, won FDA 510(k) clearance for its ENSEAL G2 Articulating Tissue Sealer. The device is able to seal vessels up to 7mm in diameter and is delivered through a 5mm port. Because the device allows a surgeon to choose the angle of attack, a stronger, more consistent seal can be created whether it be perpendicular to the vessel or at some other preferred angle.
The jaw of the ENSEAL G2 features the company’s I-BLADE technology that guarantees consistent high pressure compression along the length of the device. Additionally, the jaw is designed to deliver focused heat to the target while avoiding thermal spread and subsequent damage to surrounding tissue.
Features from the product page:
- Jaw length: 20mm
- Jaw type: Curved or Straight
- Shaft lengths: 14cm, 25cm, 35cm or 45cm from jaw tip to rotation knob
- Shaft diameter: 5mm
- Power cord length: 3.1m
- Ergonomically designed grip housing assembly
- 360 degree rotating shaft
- Atraumatic teeth for grasping and holding targeted tissue when clamped
Press release: ETHICON RECEIVES 510(K) CLEARANCE FOR ENSEAL® G2 ARTICULATING TISSUE SEALER