CurveBeam of Warrington, PA received European regulatory approval for its PedCAT foot and ankle cone-beam CT scanner. Cone-beam technology allows the scanner to be small enough for in-office setup while delivering a very limited radiation dose compared to traditional CT.
The system can be used during weight-bearing and non-weight bearing examinations for preoperative planning, fracture and dislocation detection, for monitoring arthritis, and early detection of osteomyelitis. It provides both 3D and crossectional navigation of the rendered images.
From the product page:
- Compact, in-office CT Imaging
- TRUE weight bearing & non-weight bearing 3D imaging for one or both feet
- Capture unprecedented diagnostic information not seen in regular x-rays
- Easy to use visualization software adds a new dimension to diagnosis and evaluation
- Confidently plan surgeries with precision and speed
- Fast acquisition of 3D data allows you to start your treatment planning in minutes
Product page: pedCAT…