3M is releasing a new dental scanner that was designed to offer high quality 3D imaging while being affordable enough to find itself in financially modest practices. Both dentists and patients generally prefer the quick and comfortable virtual impressions offered by such scanners. 3M’s True Definition Scanner features the company’s 3D-in-motion technology that continuously and simultaneously captures and renders the oral anatomy for immediate review.
The device interfaces with chairside and lab-based mills, stores volumetric data on the 3M Connection Center cloud for easy sharing with colleagues, and costs $12,000 a pop with a $200 monthly data plan.
Features from the product page:
Better Oral Care
- View each case in amazing detail and eliminate inaccuracies
- Digital files enable better communication with your lab for better results
Better Patient Experience
- Digital technology transforms the procedure into an interactive, educational experience
- Seeing images on screen gives patients a true understanding of their oral situation and what is needed
- Digital processes elevate dentistry for you and your staff in ways that can have a profound impact on your practice
- Less stress for you and your staff
- Fewer procedural steps and less hassle
- Faster turnaround and more accurate results from the lab
- Reduced seating times and remakes
Flexibility for quadrant dentistry and accuracy for full arch.
- “3D-in-motion” video technology allows you to capture and simultaneously view a true replica of the oral anatomy in extraordinary detail
- Advanced technology enhanced by a small and comfortable wand and interactive touch monitor
- Digital impressions eliminate inaccuracies that are inherent to the traditional process, making clinical outcomes more predictable
Product page: 3M True Definition Scanner…
Press release: 3M ESPE introduces the 3M™ True Definition Scanner