Terumo Cardiovascular is releasing in the U.S. its VirtuoSaph Plus Endoscopic Vessel Harvesting System, having received FDA clearance for the device. It’s an update on the original VirtuoSaph model that implements the “Terumo Method” for harvesting veins in preparation for coronary and peripheral artery bypass grafts.
New features in the VirtuoSaph Plus from the announcement:
- Improved recyclable packaging features tray-in-tray design, offering easy access to the sterile tray and an ergonomic grip for better circulation of device
- Patented PTFE dissector rod, designed to reduce the force required to create a tunnel and now with extended working length, allowing dissection of longer vessels
- Precise control of spot cautery, with a safety switch available when needed
- First of its kind integrated bipolar cord, minimizing the number of connections and improving electrical conductivity
- Unique endoscope wiper now available on an all access 360 degree ring switch
Product page: VirtuoSaph Plus Endoscopic Vessel Harvesting System…