Bayer is releasing in the U.S. its new high accuracy CONTOUR NEXT LINK, a wireless blood glucose meter designed to work with insulin pumps. As a matter of fact, the new glucometer will come standard with Medtronic‘s pumps, including the flagship MiniMed Paradigm REAL-Time Revel. The meter is also compatible with Medtronic’s stand-alone Guardian REAL-Time continuous glucose monitor.
Medtronic is planning on shifting all its insulin pump customers to the CONTOUR NEXT LINK, including shipping out the new glucometer to those using older devices.
- Enables fast and easy bolus dosing and continuous glucose monitoring calibration
- Pass-through feature allows for easy downloading to Medtronic’s convenient online CareLINK software, replacing the CareLINK USB device
- Bayer’s No Coding™ technology makes testing easy by automatically setting the correct code each time a test strip is inserted
- Easy-to-read display with large, clear numbers
- Fast 5-second countdown and small 0.6 μL blood sample
- Optional pre- and post-meal markers with audible reminders
More about the CONTOUR NEXT LINK from Diabetes Life Balance blog that had a chance to try it out earlier this year: Medtronic Trial: Bayer Contour Next LINK Investigational Meter
Press release: Bayer’s New Contour Next Link Blood Glucose Meter Now Available with Compatible Medtronic Insulin Pumps