Hollywog (Chattanooga, TN) received 510(k) clearance from the FDA for its WiTouch and WiTouch Pro TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) devices. The WiTouch is designed for at-home pain relief of the lower back and is controlled using a convenient remote, letting the patient adjust the level of stimulation as required.
The two devices seem identical except that the WiTouch Pro has control buttons on the unit itself, allowing a therapist to change the settings. It is also meant to be setup and fitted at the clinic, and so requires a prescription.
Features from the product page:
- Wireless handheld remote control… control your pain the instant you need it!
- 20% higher intensity output than typical portable devices available today and 2.5 times larger treatment area coverage
- Prescription required
- Drug-Free with No Side Effects
- Thin, flexible and discreet – wear under your clothing for hours of pain relief when you need it
- So comfortable and lightweight, you forget you are even wearing it…no one ever knows who is wearing a WiTouch
- No wires, bulky back wraps or belts
- Easy to use, self-applicable and ready to use out of the box – no complicated programs and settings to learn or adjust
- Over 150 30-minute treatments before changing batteries
- As powerful as professional equipment – 20% higher intensity output than typical portable devices available today and 2.5 times larger treatment area coverage
- Replaceable Gel Pads for multiple back pain relief applications
We’re still puzzling over their naming strategy. Their logo is a stylized frog, and their slogan is “A Leap Forward.” So why not just call yourselves Pollywog, like a tadpole? (If they’re trying to sound different than Golliwoggs, they have a ways to go). The name WiTouch, at least, makes some sense, even though there’s no WiFi or Wii involved (as far as we can tell).
Press release: Hollywog Receives Two FDA 510(K) Clearances for Remote Controlled Back Pain Devices
Product pages: Hollywog WiTouch…; WiTouch Pro…