Elixir Medical out of Sunnyvale, California received European CE Mark clearance to offer its DESyne BD Novolimus Eluting Coronary Stent System to coronary artery disease patients on the continent.
The stent itself is cobalt chromium, and is covered with an ultrathin biodegradable coating without using a primer layer below. This helps the stent become pure metal in 6 to 9 months.
Features from the product page:
- Lowest profile stent design with ultra-thin struts (81 microns) for high flexibility and deliverability
- Substantial vessel wall coverage for uniform drug delivery and open cell design for ease of side branch access
- Ultra-thin biodegradable polymer dissolves within 6-9 months
- Trusted polylactide-based polymer
- Sustainable performance with lower drug dose
- Clinically proven ‘olimus’ drug family
- Active metabolite of Sirolimus
- Potent anti-proliferative agent
Product page: DESyne BD…