St. Jude Medical received the FDA go-ahead to market its ViewFlex Xtra Intracardiac Echocardiography (ICE) Catheter in the U.S. The device works in conjunction with the company’s ViewMate Z Intracardiac Ultrasound Console to allow for close-up visualization of the heart and blood flow within.
St. Jude promises outstanding control of the catheter thanks to the single-handed operation that provides four-way tip deflection and self-locking steering.
Features from the product page:
Stability, Control and Simplicity
- Large curvature radius provides increased control over viewing angles and positioning
- Steering angles to 120 degrees
- Integrates the market leading Agilis handle for precise single-handed control and full maneuverability during complex procedures
- Exceptional torsional control and tip response
Powerful Integrated Diagnostic Ultrasound System
The ViewFlex PLUS ICE Catheter, together with the ViewMate™ Z Ultrasound Console (order number 100026714 for the ViewMate Z Console, and 100042824 for the ViewMate™ II Console), provides a full featured, high-fidelity imaging system.
- Unlike fluoroscopy, ICE imaging displays crisp, clear images of anatomical structures
- Pulsed Wave
- Tissue Doppler Imaging
- Continuous Wave
- Color Doppler
- Catheter interface module designed to isolate the patient from the imaging console for patient safety
- Automatic system shut down when catheter temperature threshold is reached
- Integrated sterile connecting cable is designed to prevent potential contaminants from entering the sterile field