Philips has unveiled its first portable ultrasound, the CX50 xMATRIX, that features Live 3D TEE (transesophageal echocardiography).
The new model is based on the CX50 CompactXtreme with the Live 3D TEE technology transferred from the much larger iE33 xMATRIX system, with the TEE transducer transferable between the devices.
More from Philips:
The CX50 xMATRIX is a uniquely powerful all-in-one imaging solution for structural heart disease (SHD) repairs in cath labs and hybrid cardiac operating rooms, offering Live 3D TEE plus an architecture designed to support future capabilities including advanced fluoro integration (EchoNavigator, 510(k) pending) with Philips Allura systems.
Along with the new CX50 xMATRIX, Philips announced the Vision 2013 upgrade for existing CX50 cardiology customers. Vision 2013 includes:
- Qlab 9.0 with improved speckle tracking algorithm for faster, more robust strain quantification
- Available C8-5 and L12-5 50mm transducers for specialized vascular imaging requirements.
- Available S12-4 and S8-3 sector transducers for pediatric and neonatal imaging.
- New pediatric analysis and structured reporting capabilities.
- Vascular structured reporting.
- Improved annotations and workflow