Covidien just announced receiving FDA clearance for its Nellcor Bedside SpO2 Patient Monitoring System.
The newly available system features OxiMax technology that provides continuous pulse and SpO2 monitoring in patients ranging from neonatal to adult, advanced digital signal processing for improved SpO2 readings during difficult situations, and a smart alarm that can tell acute O2 desaturations from benign ones.
Features according to Covidien:
- Simple, intuitive operation and space-saving design.
- The distinctive digital signal processing technology from Covidien.
- Variable pitch beep tone which enables clinicians to hear point-by-point changes in SpO2.
- Five-hour battery life with an optional ten-hour battery.
- 96-hour trend memory captured every four seconds.
- Patient trend data can be stored on a PC for archive and analysis.
- Easy-to-use jog dial for simple navigation and control of the display and monitoring system functions.
- Compact, portable, lightweight, durable, easy-to-transport design with a built-in handle.
- Multiple-language graphical user interface.
- Capable of displaying plethysmographic waveforms, pulse amplitude, and current measured SpO2 and pulse rate.
- Multicolor display screen with a black background which provides ideal contrast.
- Back-up audible alarm.
- On-screen help messages to assist the user in the use of the monitor.