Smith & Nephew is now making available its TRUCLEAR 5.0 hysteroscopic morcellator system in the U.S. The system has been on sale in Europe for over a year and has been used in thousands of intrauterine polyp and uterine fibroid removal procedures.
The TRUCLEAR features a 5mm outer diameter for comfort to the patient while providing easy access and continuous visualization of a hysteroscope to the physician.
More features from the product page:
- Continuous cutting and tissue removal means only a single insertion is necessary
- Localized treatment minimizes endometrial damage, which may help preserve the chances of pregnancy
- Proprietary suction control optimizes system fluid flow, intrauterine pressure and device capability
- Patented dual outflow allows uninterrupted continuous flow for a clear operative field
- No tissue floating within the uterine cavity
- No bubbles or electrical energy in the uterus reduces the risk of air or gas emboli
- No lateral distribution of thermal energy or energy discharge-induced scarring
- Visualized hysteroscopic approach may minimize safety risks