Medisana, a German firm out of Düsseldorf, released a nifty heat sensing dock for iPhones and iPads that may even be used to check one’s body temperature.
Simply point the infrared sensor at whichever body part you’re interested in, and the matching app will register the reading for future reference.
From the product page:
- Reliable and accurate measurement of body temperature with non-contact infrared technology
- Diverse applications for measuring surfaces or liquids using the Live-Mode function
- Memory for storing multiple user profiles
- Automatic data management, clear presentation of measurement results and comment function
- Intuitive menu navigation and easy data exchange via e-mail
- Data security through storage of data on personal iPhone®, iPod touch® or iPad®
- Free download and automatic installation of VitaDock® app
- Certified medical device
- 3-year warranty
- Compatible with: iPod touch (4th gen.), iPod touch (3rd gen.), iPod touch (2nd gen.), iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPad 2, iPad
Product page: ThermoDock
(hat tip: iMedicalApps)