OmniGuide out of Cambridge, MA is releasing its new FELS-25A Intelliguide surgical laser for minimally invasive surgery. The CO2 laser system has a relatively small footprint, a touchscreen for controlling various parameters like the cooling gas supply, and the ability to supply continuous, single pulse, and repeated pulse energy for cutting, cauterization, or ablation.
The device already has FDA approval.
From the product page:
The FELS-25A Intelliguide™ is a precision CO2 laser system combined with an OmniGuide beam delivery system, wherein the laser energy transmission is delivered through a hollow core flexible fiber. The laser’s operating wavelength is 10.6 µm, providing clinically documented safety and efficacy for a number of medical procedures. Since the absorption depth of CO2 laser energy is small, damage to underlying or surrounding tissue can be minimized. The ability to bend CO2 laser energy through a flexible fiber enables beam delivery to many locations throughout the body while providing increased control through a handheld instrument.
• Two modes of operation: Continuous wave and Superpulse
• Three exposure modes: Continuous, Single pulse and Repeat pulse
• Intuitive and easy-to-use touch screen interface
• Programmable settings for simplicity in system set up and operation
• Automated control of cooling helium flow throughout the procedure
• Includes 2 years 100% uptime guarantee (extended service options available)
Press release: OmniGuide Launches Next Generation System for CO2 Laser Surgery: The FELS-25A Intelliguide…
Product page: FELS-25A Intelliguide…