Swedish company Elekta received clearance in the EU to market its Agility beam shaping system for linear accelerators used in treating tumors.
Elekta claims the new device achieves outstanding precision while shortening treatment time, helping to get more people through therapy.
Features of the system from the product page:
Integrated digital control of leaves and leaf guides, combined with unique Rubicon optical leaf positioning, results in an accurate and reliable beam shaping solution. Coupled with extremely low leaf transmission of less than 0.5%, Agility enhances treatment delivery while reducing integral dose.
Offering high resolution beam shaping, seamless field delivery coupled with rapid leaf-speeds allows higher dose rates to be used for more effective modulation. All this combined with the market leading 45cm isocentric clearance ensures that your linac is truly multi-functional.
- Up to 40 x 40cm field size
- 160 interdigitating leaves with 5mm width at isocenter
- Integrated digital control of leaves and dynamic leaf guides
- Accurate leaf positioning with Rubicon optical technology
- Rapid leaf speed
- Extremely low leaf transmission (<0.5%)
- 45cm isocentric clearance
Product page: Elekta Agility…