The Kobalt Double Drive ratcheting screwdriver turned out to be popular with Christmas time gift shoppers last year. The device allows its user to crank the attached tool in a single direction even when the handle is turned both clockwise and counterclockwise.
Now the same technology is about to be introduced to the medical market via Double Drive Medical, a company founded to translate the mechanics of the screwdriver to the medical world.
Features of the Double Drive Medical screwdriver:
- No adhesives or lubricants
- Limits axial and side-to-side “play” or “wobble”
- All stainless steel construction
- Fully autoclavable
- Very low back torque, for small torque applications
- Allows for very large cannulations
- High torque capacity
- Very smooth and consistent feel
- Can be configured for any handle type
Here’s a TV commercial for the consumer version of the device:
Press release: New Double-Drive Screwdriver Technology Gearing Up for Medical Market Expansion
Link: Double Drive Medical