Amgen has unveiled a new website that aims to educate patients, the lay public, and maybe even some clinicians about bone biology. The various animations in the site titled New Insights into Bone Biology are visually quite striking and really show off the biological processes involved. If you like this style of learning, do check out their other site that teaches about angiogenesis: Pioneering New Frontiers into Angiogenesis.
New Insights into Bone Biology provides a virtual tour of the human skeleton and the cellular and physiological processes involved in the formation of bone. Through six detailed panels and nine movies, visitors to the site can learn:
• The basic architecture and life cycle of bone
• The cells responsible for building and resorbing bone
• How RANK ligand and sclerostin regulate bone
• The cause and consequences of osteoporosis
• The anatomy and biology of a fracture
• The biology and impact of metastatic bone disease