Ivera Medical Corporation out of San Diego, CA received a new FDA 510(k) clearance for its Curos disinfecting port protector, after the company confirmed a shorter disinfection time and an increase in how long the device can be used.
According to the company, independent tests have shown that the cap disinfects IV access ports in three minutes, keeping them clean for seven days when not accessed.
- Reliably and consistently disinfects luer-activated access ports
- Assures high visibility compliance with hospital infection control protocols – the vibrant green cap is easy to see and will not be confused with other color-indicated therapies
- Protects iv access ports and needleless connectors between accesses – keeping ports always protected and clean
- Minimizes potential alcohol spillage and packaging waste
- Reduces the potential for hospital acquired bloodstream infections and related costs
Product page: Curos Port Protector…