Everist Genomics, an Ann Arbor, Michigan company, is set to release its CardioDefender diagnostic system, a smartphone ECG that can provide continuous readings throughout the day that can help detect arrhythmias that may be hard to spot in an office visit.
The system uses a wrist watch-like device to collect data from electrodes and transmit it wirelessly via Bluetooth to a smartphone that can then share it with clinicians monitoring the patient. CardioDefender, that recently won both FDA approval and EU’s CE Mark, can activate an alarm to rapidly notify a physician of any particularly unwelcome graph via an email, page, or other electronic means.
- Fully mobile system; CardioDefender is the world’s first ECG system which delivers hospital based quality ECG and arrhythmia analysis by integrating unique software, algorithms and data compression capabilities which enable a smartphone to perform as a mobile ECG
- Real-time, heart-rhythm monitoring
- Beat-by-beat analysis of heart rhythm (as opposed to sampling some heart beats or part of a heart beat)
- Long term monitoring capability; CardioDefender can perform up to 3 months of real-time, beat-by-beat quantitative patient monitoring and analysis
- Quantitative analysis and reporting; CardioDefender is a fully automated, quantitative ECG monitoring and arrhythmia event reporting system
- Comprehensive range of heart rhythm monitoring algorithms to enable automated detection and reporting of medically important arrhythmias to physicians and monitoring centers
- Abnormal heart rhythms reported directly to physicians mobile phone or computer; innovative and patent protected software and data compression technology means CardioDefender can report real-time results to a physician’s smartphone, tablets, laptop and desk top computer (in addition to a cardiac monitoring center)
- Access to full, detailed ECG data captured during the monitoring period, including post heart monitoring data processing for additional measurements
- Real-time reporting of symptomatic and asymptomatic arrhythmias; CardioDefender has the ability to capture and report both symptomatic and asymptomatic arrhythmias
Press release: Everist Genomics to Launch CardioDefender: World’s Only Mobile ECG System that Delivers Real-time, Beat-by-beat, Quantitative Heart Monitoring Data to Physicians
Product page: CardioDefender…