Siemens has released new RAPIDPoint 500 Blood Gas System for whole blood testing at the point of care with laboratory quality results.
Within 60 seconds, the device measures pH, blood gases, electrolytes, glucose, lactate and provides full CO-oximetry, including neonatal total bilirubin and total hemoglobin.
More from Siemens:
Equipped with fully automated calibration and quality control (QC), the RAPIDPoint 500 system is also designed to help POC professionals satisfy organizational and regulatory compliance requirements. Plus, the self-contained Automatic Quality Control (AQC) cartridge operates without manual intervention, helping reduce POC staff’s administrative tasks. An integrated bar code reader – conveniently located on the front of the system – offers a wide scanning area to accommodate patient and operator identification to ensure overall data entry integrity.
And, as with the company’s other point-of-care solutions, the RAPIDPoint 500 analyzer can be integrated with the Siemens RAPIDComm® Data Management System, offering centralized management of multiple Siemens blood gas and urine and diabetes analyzers and operators.
- Full test menu results from a single sample in approximately 60 seconds
- Easy-to-use, maintenance-free cartridge-based system is ideal for non-laboratory personnel
- Proven technologies and design features maximize analyzer uptime and simplify compliance
- Speed and flexibility to increase productivity without increasing staff workload
- Seamless LIS/HIS integration with optional connectivity to the RAPIDComm® Data Management System
Product page: RAPIDPoint 500