Via Gizmag we discovered an interesting surgical space ventilation system that moves a continuous stream of purified air across the incision site. The Air Barrier System from Nimbic of Stafford, Texas uses a HEPA filter and delivers a turbulence free flow that creates an invisible barrier for airborne microorganisms.
Features of the Air Barrier from the product page:
- 99.99% HEPA filtration eficiency for particles 0.3 microns or larger.
- Low velocity air delivery at nozzle outlet: 41 CFM/minute.
- Blower Unit tested to ANSI/AAMI EN 60601-1 and BS EN 60529:1992 for safe operation, electrical safety and EMC.
- Low maintenance stainless steel cabinet.
- Easy to operate: simple on/off control.
- Optional Wheeled Cart eases positioning and Blower Unit movement in the O.R. Suite.
- Dimensions: 12″ wide x 12.2″ deep x 27.5″ high.
- Weight: 48 lb.
Product page: Air Barrier System …
More from Gizmag…