For its popular Medfusion 3500 syringe infusion pump, Smiths Medical (St. Paul, Minn.) has announced a new service, specifically aimed at anesthesia and critical care market.
Dubbed PharmGuard Anesthesia Software Service (P.A.S.S.), the offering provides “anesthesiologists and pharmacists with the convenience of a customer-specific drug library entered into their Medfusion® 3500 syringe infusion pumps prior to shipping the pumps to them,” according to the company.
Features from the PharmGuard product page:
- PharmGuard® events and alarm reports evidence based reports supports error trending and documentation of clinically relevant events
- Extensive drug libraries support standardization of drug concentrations throughout the facility
- Tall Man Letter display full drug name (brand and generic) in Tall Man lettering at the Medfusion™ Syringe Pump
- Drug Advisories provide essential drug information for medication administration at the point of care
- Simultaneous Hard and Soft limits provides flexibility and safety allowing customization of the pump to match the facility’s needs
- Customizable profiles supports universal use throughout the facility while supporting customization for specific care areas
- Optional confirmation safety prompts allows for customization of prompts to promote the facility’s policies and procedures for medication administration
- Extensive delivery mode combinations including ml/hr, body weight, mass, volume over time, custom dilution and intermittent, loading dose, bolus dose, standby, volume limit and KVO rate
- FlowSentry™ provides rapid occlusion detection and unmatched pressure sensing features
Product page: PharmGuard® Medication Safety Software