Next week at Rehacare in Dusseldorf, Germany, Dynamic Controls, a company out of Christchurch, New Zealand, will be showing off their latest iteration of the iPortal interface that links iPhones with wheelchair controllers.
The iPortal now allows users to do just about anything on the iPhone, including texting, making phone calls, and playing games, right from the company’s DX, DX2, and DSL105 control systems.
Features from the product page:
- Bluetooth® technology to connect with the wheelchair system
- Dashboard application for iPhone and iPod touch that displays wheelchair information in real time (to download the application visit www.itunes.com and search for iPortal dashboard.
- speed and speed range indicator
- compass heading (iPhone 3GS only)
- seat adjustment indicator
- battery state
- one touch emergency contact
- power chair event logging
- Operates with Apple iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4 iPod touch V2.0 and 3.0
- Can be easily added to any new or existing Dynamic Controls DX2, DX or Shark wheelchair control systems without reprogramming the wheelchair
- Adjustable mounting arm and cradle to conveniently position the iPhone or iPod touch for the user
- An Apple USB charging port to keep the iPhone or iPod touch fully charged
- An auxiliary USB charging-only port for other devices
Press release: iPortal Accessibility + DX2 to be showcased at Rehacare 2011
Product page: iPortal
Flashback: iPhone as Wheelchair Control Hub…