Ethicon Endo-Surgery has announced the launch of the first powered stapler in its Echelon Flex line. Like the manual (non-motorized) Echelon Flex staplers, the new Powered Echelon Flex Stapler can apply compression to the targeted tissue before stapling to provide more consistent thickness.
Ethicon Endo-Surgery claims that its new powered stapler results in a significant reduction of tip movement during cutting and stapling, which reduces the risk of trauma to surrounding tissue.
Some more features from the product page:
- Compression – The only powered endocutter with enhanced system-wide compression.
- Stability – Virtually effortless firing minimizes movement of the distal tip for enhanced stability on or near vital structures or in thick tissue. The stapler allows the surgeon to reduce movement at the end effector by at least 63% during transection of thick tissue.
- Surgeon Controlled Power – It has been designed to ensure surgeon control throughout the device’s operation. Key features include the ability to pause or reverse firing at any time during the transection and a manual override system.
- Wide range of cartridges – Powered ECHELON FLEXTM stapler uses the same cartridges as the manual ECHELON FLEXTM Stapler, providing 6-row capability and deliver consistent, uniform staple formation according to tissue thickness.
- Reliability: Disposable batteries ensure full power for the case
- Environmental responsibility: Battery pack does not contain heavy metals and is considered nonhazardous waste at time of final disposal
Product page: ECHELON FLEX Powered ENDOPATH Stapler