CIRCA Scientific, a Park City, Utah company, received FDA clearance for its CIRCA S-CATH and CIRCA Temperature Monitoring System that together provide real time temperature monitoring from the esophagus.
The S-CATH features 12 thermometers that report their readings 20 times a second, and the catheter itself has a two-plane sinusoidal shape to cover a wide area of the esophagus. The CIRCA Temperature Monitoring System displays continuous readings, provides range alarms, and highlights the temperature of the hottest of the sensors.
Features from the products’ page:
CS-1000 CIRCA TEMPERATURE MONITORING SYSTEM
• 12 temperature display – 50mS refresh rate (20-times-per-second)
• Continuous maximum temperature display
• Graphical display of temperature change over time
• User selectable visual and audible warning and alarm
• Indication for Use: Display continuous temperature measurement from 12-sensor temperature probe
CS-2001 CIRCA S-CATH
• 10 French OD Esophageal Temperature Probe
• 2-Plane radiopaque design
• 12 integrated sensors
• Straightening stylet for oral or nasal delivery
• Indication for Use: The Esophageal Temperature Probe is intended for continuous temperature monitoring. The radiopaque probe is designed for placement in the esophagus.