Six days from today, the Nobel committee will begin announcing this year’s prize winners, starting with Physiology or Medicine on Monday, Physics on Tuesday, and Chemistry on Wednesday. Although a spectator sport, we try to turn these prizes into a competition anyone can participate in by guessing this year’s winners. Simply leave a comment at DocThink, our new site for clinicians to ask and answer medical questions, with the names of those you think should win for each category and you can win an Apple TV. If you manage to guess all three, we’ll get you a brand spanking new iPad 2.
Rules of the game:
1. Anyone can enter by writing a response on DocThink. Please make sure you leave your email address in the form so we can get in touch with you. Your entry will be invalid without a proper email.
2. Identify either the scientist(s) or discoveries in Medicine, and/or Physics and/or Chemistry, for your chance to win an Apple TV.
3. If we have multiple people who guessed correctly, the winner in each category will be chosen randomly.
4. If a winner lives outside the US, Canada, Australia, or EU, instead of sending the prize, we’ll transfer an equivalent amount of ca$h via a PayPal account.
5. Deadline for entries is 11:59 pm Pacific Standard Time on Saturday Oct. 1, 2011
Please spread the word, good luck and happy guessing!