Vapotherm, Inc. out of Stevensville, MD has announced the US and European launch of its new Flowrest device, which is designed to treat patients suffering from chronic respiratory diseases by delivering heated and humidified gases through a nasal cannula.
Unlike the company’s previous high flow therapy offerings, the new device can treat patients in a homecare or extended care setting.
Some additional features from the product page:
- Efficient humidification via unique membrane technology
- High performance blower delivers flows from 15 – 35 liters per minute
- Flowguard™ breathing circuits deliver conditioned gas to patients without traditional heated wire
- Three unique patient controlled temperature comfort settings
- Easily adaptable for use with oxygen
- No internal disinfection is required
- Clinician programmable
- Field updateable via USB interface
Product page: Flowrest…