Intelesens, “the Belfast wireless health monitoring company,” received FDA regulatory clearance for its Aingeal wireless Holter monitor. The device measures ECG, heart and respiratory rate, temperature and body motion and relays it to a central server for clinician analysis.
The device underwent clinical testing at the Massachusetts General Hospital last year and has already received European marketing approval.
- Real time monitoring and analysis of respiration and ECG signals (modified Lead II)
- Skin temperature and activity (3-axis accelerometer)
- Up to 48 hours of use
- Recognition and notification of specific cardiac events (configurable by clinician)
- Pre and post event data recording (configurable by clinician)
- Out of range detection and alert to patient
- Minimum signal path from electrode to electronics produces clearer signals
- Unobtrusive and comfortable to wear
- Highly miniaturised, reusable, body-worn wireless sensor / compact and lightweight design.
- Non-irritant, easy-to-apply patch electrodes for high quality collection of data
- Monitoring currently unmonitored patients, for example in ED or day patients
- Creates local monitoring e.g. all the beds in a ward
- Suitable for research into illnesses where respiration rate and ECG are key vital signs
Press release: Aingeal Gets FDA Clearance…
Product page: Aingeal…
(hat tip: mobihealthnews)