Schölly Fiberoptic, traditionally an OEM manufacturer out of Denzlingen, Germany, has unveiled a new 3D laparoscopy system, the Einstein Vision.
The system provides surgeons a high definition 3D look into the abdominal cavity via a joystick (or remote) operated robotic endoscope. The technology was just demonstrated for the first time at the European Association for Endoscopic Surgery Congress in Turin, Italy.
Features from the product page:
- Easy to maneuver camera into all required positions with patented arm technology
- Integrated camera-holding robotic arm
- Stable images allow comfortable viewing for a long time
- No change in cost per procedure from today’s laparoscopic surgeries
- No disruption in existing workflows and tools
- Regain natural seeing and depth perception instantly
- A feeling of “eyes inside patient” enhancing concentration
- All camera/arm functions operated by remote control
- One-touch picture/video recording with same tool
- Large, vivid and detailed images with 32″ monitor
- Sharpest visual precision, eliminating all guesswork
Product page: Einstein Vision…